Flex Day Information
Flex Day Guidelines
When the Flex Period begins, student will remain with their previous time slot teacher to:
- Ask additional questions about subject matter
- Continue conversations regarding items of interest
- Work collaboratively with classmates
- Work on their own independently
- Decompress and utilize the “flex” as personal time
- Students will remain with their previous time slot teacher unless they receive a Flex Pass in ADVANCE from another staff member to report to that classroom. We have attached special Flex Day passes for teachers to sign. NO LAST-MINUTE PASSES will be signed for students on the day of – you must plan ahead!
- Students will remain with their previous time slot teacher unless they receive a Flex Pass in ADVANCE to report to the South Café for collaboration with classmates on Project Based Learning/Group Assignments. Students must ask the teacher that assigned the Group Assignment to sign the pass in ADVANCE to report to the South Café to work with partners.
- Students will remain with their previous time slot teacher unless they receive a Flex Pass in ADVANCE to visit the Media Center. Mr. Keele & Ms. Doherty will provide GOLD passes to administer to students on a “first come, first serve” basis.
- Students will remain with their previous time slot teacher unless they receive a Flex Pass in ADVANCE from a Counselor to report to Guidance. All Counselors will provide BLUE Guidance passes to their counselors and only those students will be admitted.
- No passes can be signed on the Flex Day itself. Students must obtain these passes BEFORE the "Flex Day".
- Wherever you are Time Slot 2 or 4 is where you will stay for your "Flex" period unless you obtain a pass to go elsewhere BEFORE the actual Flex Day.
- This means students in Study Hall, Media Center, Math Lab will remain there for "Flex" period unless a pass is obtained BEFORE the Flex Day occurs in order to go elsewhere.
- Students may not visit more than one classroom or teacher during their "Flex" period. Once you arrive, you must remain there for the entire period.
- Students will have the normal passing time of 5 minutes to report to other teachers/staff and may not loiter in the hallways.
LET'S DO A GREAT JOB UTILIZING "FLEX DAY"!!
Thanks very much for your help!