Operations/Buildings & Grounds
B&G Department Delivery Hours
6:00 am - 3:00 pm (Monday - Friday)
The primary mission of the Facilities Maintenance & Operations Department is to serve the needs of students, faculty, and staff by maintaining and improving the physical environment and facilities of Watchung Hills Regional High School.
In this role, the Operations Department carries out its mission by providing professional support in a multitude of areas. Safety, climate control, custodial services, construction, building repairs, painting, welding, locksmithing, and landscaping are just some of the professional services provided. We also strive to continue to maintain our Green Initiative to conserve our natural resources by committing to reduce, reuse, and recycle. Additionally, Operations provides state-of-the-art facilities for rentals to the surrounding communities.
The Operations Department is strengthened by the support and commitment of the Administration and the Board of Education. Through this commitment, we are able to provide a well-maintained and developed district, and most importantly, we are able to provide support to the academic excellence and educational programs of Watchung Hills Regional High School.
Who We Are:
- Operations is a team of highly skilled trade professionals and management staff, with unique abilities, dedicated to providing quality service in an efficient and professional manner to ensure safety, comfort, and community satisfaction.
What We Do:
- Protect the community’s investment in education.
- Follow all state mandated guidelines in Hazardous Communications Standards, Integrated Pest Management, safety compliance, and building construction codes.
- Provide maintenance, custodial, and grounds services.
- Operate and monitor HVAC systems.
- Maintain Indoor Air Quality.
- Maintain landscaping of our Grounds.
- Respond to service requests.
- Maintain the highest standards of safety for the building, students, and faculty.