2016-2017 Tuition Reimbursement and Movement on the Guide
In an effort to provide tuition reimbursement to a wider number of faculty members and still abide by the cap on tuition reimbursement, faculty members may submit one course for each semester (summer, fall, and spring) for tuition reimbursement. If you are taking additional courses, please list them on the approval form and if the tuition cap has not been reached, a review of additionally submitted courses will occur and a second course may be approved based upon a “first come first served” basis.
Please note, teachers may be reimbursed up to 18 credits per school year for graduate courses. Also note, IRS regulations allow for reimbursement through Accounts Payable up to $5,250.00 per calendar year. Any tuition reimbursement over that amount will be run through payroll with the applicable payroll deductions.
Timeline for Submissions
You must have approval of the Superintendent prior to registering for a graduate course for tuition reimbursement.
- March through June: Faculty submits requests for summer (July to August 2016) classes
- March through August: Faculty submits requests for fall (September-December 2016) classes
- September through December: Faculty submits requests for spring (January-June 2017 courses)
Movement on the Guide
- First Monday in September- teachers submit paperwork for movement on the guide for reasons of degree advancement
- Second pay period in September- adjustments are made retroactive to September 1, for teachers moving on the guide for reasons of degree advancement
- January 15- teachers submit paperwork for movement on the guide for reasons of degree advancement
- Second pay period in February- adjustments are made retroactive to February 1, 2016 for movement on the guide for reasons of degree advancement