Welcome to the Active Minds Club Page!
We are a chapter of the nationally recognized organization, Active Minds. Active Minds is a "premier nonprofit organization supporting mental health awareness and education for young adults. [It] is dedicated to saving lives and to building stronger families and communities" (Active Minds, 2022). "Through education, research, [and] advocacy...Active Minds is opening up the conversation about mental health and creating lasting change in the way mental health is talked about, cared for, and valued in the United States" (activeminds.org). During the 2021-2022 academic year, have been spreading mental health awareness throughout the school by organizing a Green Out Day, holding a Flag Football event, and a Movie Night event.
Meeting Times: Once a month for all members, may be more depending on the committees.
The specific goals of Active Minds are:
1. To explore mental health issues of our students
2. To create a community of people who are able to support each other emotionally.
3. To reduce stigma toward mental health.
4. To raise students' awareness of professional resources that deal with mental health issues.
5. To teach people a safe and healthy way to cope with issues they face.
Executive Board (2022-2023):
- Co-Presidents: Alessandra Abeijon & Jaime Lippitt
- Secretary: Avery Thomasson
- Treasurer: Brett Christopher
- Event Planner: Sara Dos Santos
- Community Outreach/Social Media: Kayla Bardolia
Staff Club Advisors:
- Mr. Kevin Rice (Student Assistance Counselor): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Emma Giantisco (Student Assistance Counselor): email@example.com
Meeting Times & Locations: Announced on the Google Classroom Page
Google Classroom Code: xslragz