WHRHS Marching Warriors
Mr McCullen - Director
Drum Major: Jeremy Shamai
About the Marching Warriors
- Marching Band is a community of musicians at WHRHS that do many things.
- Provide ceremonial music to events throughout the year in the four neighboring communities.
- March in parade events throughout the year for the four neighboring communities.
- Attend all football games providing music throughout the game and with music at half-time for the audience to enjoy.
- Competitively march against other marching bands in weekly competitions throughout NJ in the months of September through November.
- All students participating in marching band MUST complete a yearly physical prior to the first week of August.
Sound like fun? The marching band starts in July with sectionals and Band Camp held in the last two weeks of August (mandatory attendance). Once school starts weekly rehearsals are held Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 2:45 - 5PM Rain or Shine. With added times for Saturday competitions.
In order to participate you must have actively played in middle school and must register for concert band your freshman year at WHRHS in order to participate. Students must pass a formal audition in order to participate in the drumline.
CURRENT REHEARSAL STATUS FOR FALL 2020:
MONDAY/TUESDAY 4:30 - 6:30 Outside practices ONLY
THURSDAY/FRIDAY TIMES are subject to change. Outside practices ONLY
You are always welcome to stop by Room 92 for more information or contact Mr McCullen via email at email@example.com