Code of Conduct
Athlete Code of Conduct
The purpose of the Code of Conduct is to establish and maintain a high standard of athletic behavior that will ensure the safety and well-being of all athletes and coaches during training and competition. All athletes are expected to abide by this code of conduct.
By signing this document, I indicate that I have read, understand, and agree to honor and support Watchung Hills Athletics by adhering to the school's Athletic Code of Conduct as stated below.
- I will demonstrate good sportsmanship at all times.
- I will be respectful by using appropriate language in appropriate tones when interacting with other athletes, coaches, officials, parents, and spectators.
- I will not use inappropriate language (swearing) around athletes or coaches.
- I will not taunt, use obscene gestures, or engage in boastful celebrations that demean fellow athletes, coaches, or staff.
- I will treat everyone fairly regardless of gender, ethnic origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
- I will treat all athletes, coaches, officials, parents, and spectators with dignity and respect.
- I will not use, or condone the use of tobacco products, drugs, or alcoholic beverages.
- I will abide by all rules and regulations set down by the coach and the athletic program.
- I will be respectful by not fighting or damaging the property of others.
- I understand that should I fail to abide by the aforementioned guidelines, I may be subject to disciplinary action that may include:
1st offense - suspended from all extra-curricular activities/sports for 2 weeks.
2nd offense - suspended from all extra-curricular activities/sports for 3 months.
3rd Offense - suspended from all extra-curricular activities/sports for 6 months.
Parents' Code of Conduct/Agreement
Parental support is critical to the success of all our sports programs. Through your encouragement and good example, you can help assure that all the young men and women learn good sportsmanship and self-discipline. At Watchung Hills, young people learn to work together, to sacrifice for the good of the team, to enjoy winning and deal appropriately with defeat, all while becoming physically fit and healthy. Best of all they have fun.
Parents will show good sportsmanship and respect to coaches, players, other teams, other parents, and game officials at all times.
- Parents are encouraged to cheer on the warrior players and show good sportsmanship for good play of our opponents.
- No parent shall curse, swear, or use any bad language during practices or games.
- No parent will argue with other parents, coaches, other team players or officials.
- Parents will maintain self-control at all times.
- Disrespect to any coaches, other parents, opponents, or officials will not be acceptable.
- Negative or disparaging type public comments will be unacceptable.
Parents are encouraged to talk with coaches if they have questions or concerns about the program, and follow the chain of command which is:
- Talk to the Coach
- Talk to the Director of Athletics
- Talk to the Principal
These conversations should be conducted in the following manner:
- Always in private.
- Always professional.
- Always with player and team as focal point.
- Parents are encouraged to allow 24 hours cooling off period to pass prior to confronting coaches with issues.
It is your responsibility to recognize and abide by any and all rules and regulations set forth by the venue hosting the event.
I agree that I have read and understood the rules and guidelines as set forth in the "Parents Code of Conduct".
Further, I understand that should I fail to abide by the aforementioned guidelines, I may be subject to disciplinary action that could include, need not be progressive and may not be limited to the following:
- Verbal warning by official, head coach, high school administrator, or police.
- Written warning.
- Game(s) suspension with written documentation of incident kept on file.
- Season Suspension.