World Language Honor Society
All students enrolled in a world language at Watchung Hills are eligible for induction into one of the five world language honor societies (Chinese, French, German, Italian, and Spanish). Nomination and subsequent membership is an honor afforded to each student and is dependent on individual academic achievement in a specific world language.
Below are the academic requirements for nomination and a description of the induction process:
1. All candidates must have completed at least five consecutive semesters of a world language (enrolled in a level 3 course or higher)
2. All candidates must have a combined cumulative grade point average of at least 7.9050 out of 9.3000 (non-weighted GPA plus weighted GPA) in the world language.
3. Induction is open to all juniors and seniors who meet the criteria on a yearly basis.
1. Nominees for induction will be posted on the WL website.
2. Nominees complete an application and return it to their world language teacher by
Wednesday, March 15, 2019 in order to be considered for induction. .
3. The application process includes a $25 fee per honor society, per year.
4. Attendance at the induction ceremony is mandatory.
5. Inductees who are graduating seniors will receive an honor stole acknowledging their achievement.
This year’s induction ceremony will take place on
Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 7 p.m.
in the Performing Arts Center at Watchung Hills