World Language Honor Society
This year’s induction ceremony will take place in two sessions on
Tuesday, May 4, 2021
Session 1: 6:00 pm for Chinese/French and Italian
Session 2: 7:00 pm for Spanish only
Each inductee will receive an email indicating which session they should attend. Each inductee is allowed to bring two guests to the ceremony.
1. All candidates must have completed at least five consecutive semesters of one world language (enrolled in a level 3 course or higher).
2. All 12th grade candidates must have a combined cumulative grade point average of at least 7.9050 out of 9.3000 (non-weighted GPA plus weighted GPA) in the world language. All 11th grade candidates must have a weighted GPA average of 4.4000 in the world language*.
3. Induction is open to all juniors and seniors who meet the criteria on a yearly basis. Students can be eligible for induction both their junior and senior years. Induction one year does not imply induction the following year.
*Beginning in 2021-2022 the required calculation for eligibility will be a weighted only average of 4.4000 in the world language for all nominees. To better understand how to calculate a GPA, click HERE.
1. Nominees for induction are posted on the WL website.
2. The application fee is $20 per honor society, per year. Please use payschoolscentral.com
to complete the online fee.
3. Nominees fill out an online application form HERE.
4. Attendance at the induction ceremony is mandatory.
5. All Inductees will receive a certificate of membership. In addition, all graduating seniors will receive an honor cord acknowledging their achievement.
6. The last day to complete the induction process (online form and payment) is Friday, March 19, 2021.