Our daily goal is to create a fun, active, and positive learning environment where students benefit from full engagement in physical activity. In order to accomplish this goal, it is expected for students to participate and give their best effort on a daily basis.
- Be on time for class.
- You will not be permitted to participate without proper clothing and/or footwear, thus affecting both your daily preparation and/or participation grades.
- No food or drink is permitted in the gym areas, locker rooms or outdoor sites.
All technological devices and cell phones are not permitted in class, unless otherwise instructed by the teacher.
At Watchung Hills, safety of the student is a prime consideration in the development of our Physical Education program. It is important to recognize the following safety practices for participating in Physical Education classes.
- Students will show respect for both classmates and equipment while engaged in class activity.
- Students should not wear excessively loose or floppy clothing. Footwear should provide adequate traction and support.
- We encourage a separate pair of sneakers be used for class. Laces must be tied appropriately.
- Items of jewelry such as rings, bracelets, watches, necklaces and earrings (studs are appropriate, none of the hoop or dangling variety) should be removed to avoid injury to the wearer and/or classmates.
Any piece of clothing, shirt, top, pants, etc. that is being worn for that day as school attire may not be worn as physical education attire. Students will be marked unprepared if they wear the same clothing to class as they did school.
Students Locker Room Management
Students are encouraged to take all necessary precautions to keep valuables safe and locked up.
- Students are expected to properly use and care for their assigned locker and locker room area.
- Lockers are not to be shared.
- The student will purchase and be responsible for her/his lock.
- Large sums of money or valuable articles should not be brought to class, as well as backpacks, pocketbooks and coats. Students are encouraged to utilize their hallway lockers to secure their valuables. In instances that these items are brought to class, they must be secured in their locker. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.