Physical Education Opt-Out
Please read the following guidelines and procedures before printing the Opt-Out form provided at the bottom of the page.
- Students who have a scheduled study hall are not eligible for Opt-Out.
- Seniors are not permitted to use “Early Leave” during their Opt-Out study hall.
- Students are required to take health as per state mandate.
- Students cannot opt out of health class.
- Students who opt out will receive a Passing (P) grade for PE.
- Honors (H) grades will NOT be available to opt out students.
- There will be no essay requirement for Opt Out students.
- Students assigned to study halls are expected to follow all study hall procedures.
- In the event of separation from the team, the student will inform Mr. Commerford (email@example.com) the following day for PE placement or risk receiving a grade of No Credit.
- Daily attendance in the PE Opt Out study hall will be taken for accountability. Students choosing not to attend the Opt Out study will be given appropriate consequences and/or lose the Opt Out privilege.
- ANY VIOLATIONS OF THE PROCEDURES COULD RESULT IN REVOKING THE PRIVILEGE OF PE OPT OUT.
- BE PREPARED TO CONTINUE PARTICIPATION IN CLASS UNTIL STUDY HALLS HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED!
WINTER Sports Opt-Out, 2019
The application process will open on Monday, November 11, 2019. If you are on a WHRHS winter sports team and wish to opt out of PE, please do the following:
Opt-Out Form Timelines
Fall: 9/4- 9/13, 2019
Winter: 11/11 - 12/6, 2019
Spring: 03/09 - 03/20, 2020
Your guidance counselor will confirm your study hall once your application is processed.