Physical Education Opt-Out
Please read the following guidelines and procedures before printing the appropriate season's Opt-Out form provided at the bottom of the page.
- Students who have a scheduled study hall are not eligible for Opt-Out.
- Seniors are not permitted to use “Early Leave” during their Opt-Out study hall.
- Students are required to take health as per state mandate.
- Students cannot opt out of health class.
- Students who opt out will receive a Passing (P) grade for PE.
- Honors (H) grades will NOT be available to opt out students.
- There will be no essay requirement for Opt Out students.
- Students assigned to study halls are expected to follow all study hall procedures.
- In the event of separation from the team, the student will inform Mr. Commerford (email@example.com) the following day for PE placement or risk receiving a grade of No Credit.
- Daily attendance in the PE Opt Out study hall will be taken for accountability. Students choosing not to attend the Opt Out study will be given appropriate consequences and/or lose the Opt Out privilege.
- ANY VIOLATIONS OF THE PROCEDURES COULD RESULT IN REVOKING THE PRIVILEGE OF PE OPT OUT.
- BE PREPARED TO CONTINUE PARTICIPATION IN CLASS UNTIL STUDY HALLS HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED!
Spring Sports Opt-Out
We are now accepting applications for spring sports Opt Out study halls. If you are on a WHRHS spring sports team and wish to opt out of PE and attend a study hall from April 1 through June 14, please do the following:
Opt Out Form Timelines
Fall - 9/1- 9/13, 2018
Winter - 11/30 - 12/6, 2018
Spring - 4/1 - 4/12, 2019
Fill it out and drop it off to Mr. Commerford’s mailbox in the main office by no later than April 12, 2019.
Your guidance counselor will confirm your study hall once your application is processed.