Physical Education Opt-Out
Please read the following guidelines and procedures before printing the Opt-Out form provided at the bottom of the page.
- Opt-Out is open to all students, grades 9-12.
- Opt-Out is seasonal. If you participate in more than one seasonal sport, you can opt-out of PE each season (fall, winter, spring).
- Students who already have a scheduled study hall are not eligible for Opt-Out.
- Seniors are not permitted to use “Early Leave” during their Opt-Out study hall.
- Students are required to take Health as per state mandate.
- Students who Opt-Out will receive a Passing (P) grade for PE.
- Honors (H) grades will NOT be available to opt out students.
- Students assigned to study halls are expected to follow all study hall procedures.
- In the event of separation from the team, the student will inform Mr. Commerford (firstname.lastname@example.org) the following day for PE placement or risk receiving a grade of No Credit.
- Daily attendance in the PE Opt Out study hall will be taken for accountability. Students choosing not to attend the Opt Out study will be given appropriate consequences and/or lose the Opt Out privilege.
- ANY VIOLATIONS OF THE PROCEDURES COULD RESULT IN REVOKING THE PRIVILEGE OF PE OPT-OUT.
- BE PREPARED TO CONTINUE PARTICIPATION IN CLASS UNTIL STUDY HALLS HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED!
SPRING Sports Opt-Out, 2019
The application process will open on Monday, March 9 and close on Friday, March 20. If you are on a WHRHS spring sports team and wish to opt out of PE, please do the following:
1. Complete the online OPT-OUT form. (You must use your WHRHS email to access the form.)
2. Download, complete and return the OPT-OUT REQUEST AND SIGNATURE FORM
3. Drop off the completed form to Mr. Commerford's mailbox in the main office.
Opt-Out Form Timelines
Fall: 9/4- 9/13, 2019
Winter: 11/11 - 12/6, 2019
Spring: 03/09 - 03/20, 2020
Your guidance counselor will confirm your study hall once your application is processed.