Physical Education Opt-Out
Please read the following guidelines and procedures before printing the appropriate season's Opt-Out form provided at the bottom of the page.
- Students who have a scheduled study hall are not eligible for Opt-Out.
- Seniors are not permitted to use “Early Leave” during their Opt-Out study hall.
- Students are required to take health as per state mandate.
- Students cannot opt out of health class.
- Students who opt out will receive a Passing (P) grade for PE.
- Honors (H) grades will NOT be available to opt out students.
- There will be no essay requirement for Opt Out students.
- Students assigned to study halls are expected to follow all study hall procedures.
- In the event of separation from the team, the student will report to Mr. Bertelli the following day for PE placement or risk receiving a grade of No Credit.
- Daily attendance in the PE OptOut study hall will be taken for accountability. Students choosing not to attend the optout study will be given appropriate consequences and/or lose the Opt Out privilege.
- ANY VIOLATIONS OF THE PROCEDURES COULD RESULT IN REVOKING THE PRIVILEGE OF PE OPT OUT.
- BE PREPARED TO CONTINUE PARTICIPATION IN CLASS UNTIL STUDY HALLS HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED!
Opt Out Form Deadlines
Fall - 9/14/17
Winter - 12/5/17
Spring - 4/21/18