Guidelines for Grading and Homework
At the end of each Quarter the student's numerical grade will be translated to a P/F/NC using the following formula.
- 90-100 = H
- 60-89 = P
- 0-59 = NC
- 60% = Participation
- At least 6 Participation Grades each Quarter
- Participation grades will be based on the students effort in learning and applying the skills, techniques and concepts being taught in the particular unit.
- 15% = Unit testing
- (written and/or skill)
- At least 2 a Quarter (1 per unit)
- 25% = Preparation
- Wearing proper PE attire
- The daily preparation grade will be graded as follows:
- P = Prepared (100)
- UP = Unprepared (0)
- 2UP = 2nd Unprepared (-50)
- 3UP = 3rd Unprepared and each thereafter (-100)
- MU = Make up (85)
- On the 4th unprepared and each thereafter the student's teacher will notify the student's guardians and guidance counselor.