Degrees and Certifications:
Mr. Kris Byk
Manager of Operations/Buildings & Grounds
Watchung Hills Regional High School
108 Stirling Road
Warren, NJ 07059
Phone: 908-647-4800 x4810
The primary mission of the Facilities Maintenance & Operations Department is to serve the needs of students, faculty and staff by maintaining and improving the physical environment and facilities of Watchung Hills Regional High School.
In this role, the Operations Department carries out its mission by providing professional support in a multitude of areas: safety, climate control, custodial services, construction, building repairs, painting, welding, locksmith and landscaping are just some of the professional services provided we also strive to continue to maintain green initiative to conserve our natural resources by committing to reduce, reuse, and recycle. Additionally operations provides state of the art facilities for rentals to the surrounding communities.
This is strengthened by the support and commitment of the administration and the Board. By this commitment, we are able to provide a well maintained and developed district, but most importantly we are able to provide support to the academic excellence and educational programs of Watchung Hills Regional High School.
Who we are:
Operations is a team of highly skilled trade professionals and management staff, with unique abilities, dedicated to provide quality service in an efficient and professional manner to ensure safety, comfort and community satisfaction.
What we do:
- Protect the community’s investment in education.
- Follow all state mandated guidelines in Hazardous Communications Standards, Integrated Pest Management, safety compliance, and building construction codes
- Provide maintenance, custodial, and grounds services.
- Operate and monitor HVAC systems
- Maintain indoor air quality
- Maintain landscaping of our grounds
- Respond to service requests
- Maintain the highest standards of safety for building , students and faculty