Physical Education Opt-Out
Please read the following guidelines and procedures before printing the appropriate season's Opt-Out form provided at the bottom of the page.
- Students who have a scheduled study hall are not eligible for Opt-Out.
- Seniors are not permitted to use “Early Leave” during their Opt-Out study hall.
- Students are required to take health as per state mandate.
- Students cannot opt out of health class.
- Students who opt out will receive a Passing (P) grade for PE.
- Honors (H) grades will NOT be available to opt out students.
- There will be no essay requirement for Opt Out students.
- Students assigned to study halls are expected to follow all study hall procedures.
- In the event of separation from the team, the student will report to Mr. Bertelli the following day for PE placement or risk receiving a grade of No Credit.
- Daily attendance in the PE OptOut study hall will be taken for accountability. Students choosing not to attend the optout study will be given appropriate consequences and/or lose the Opt Out privilege.
- ANY VIOLATIONS OF THE PROCEDURES COULD RESULT IN REVOKING THE PRIVILEGE OF PE OPT OUT.
- BE PREPARED TO CONTINUE PARTICIPATION IN CLASS UNTIL STUDY HALLS HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED!
Please complete the Opt Out Google Form
AND download, complete and return the Opt Out Request and Signature Form
to Mr. Bertelli by the deadlines below.
Opt Out Form Deadlines
Fall - 9/14/17
Winter - 12/5/17
Spring - 4/19/18