Honors / AP, Accelerated, and College Prep
For 8th graders moving to 9th grade at WHRHS:
- To qualify for a College Prep English course, 8th grade students must have a passing grade in their current English class.
- To qualify for the Accelerated level, students must have at least an 85% average and the recommendation of their 8th grade English teacher.
- To qualify for the Honors level, a student must have at least a 95% average and the recommendation of their 8th grade English teacher. The teacher will consider critical reading skills, analytical writing skills, and work ethic/collaboration.
For current students at WHRHS:
- In order to move up a level (for example, from College Prep to Accelerated or Accelerated to Honors/AP), students must have a 95% average or better in their English class and the recommendation of their English teacher.
- In order to remain at either the Accelerated or Honors/AP level, students must maintain at least an 85% average and have the recommendation of their English teacher.